Top Reasons to Treat your Hearing Loss Now
New research released by multiple outlets such as CBS News, Forbes, Science Daily, Consumer Reports, Market Watch, and many more, are reporting the benefits of hearing aids and being fit as soon as possible. Properly treated hearing loss can lower your risk of things such as falls, depression, cognitive decline, memory issues, anxiety, and provide you with an overall better quality of life.
The Journal of the American Geriatrics Society reports: “People age 66 and older who got a hearing aid shortly after being diagnosed with hearing loss were less likely to receive a first-time diagnosis of dementia or depression, or be injured by a fall, in the following three years.”
The research is in, and the results are overwhelming; treating hearing loss will help you in more ways than just treating hearing loss.
Check out the link, How Hearing Loss Can Affect Us. This will take you directly to the research articles we are handing out to our patients.
Research shows there are so many benefits to your overall health and well-being when you treat your hearing loss sooner than later.
Here are seven top reasons to treat your hearing loss now, not “wait and see”:1
- Improves communication abilities
- Promotes safety
- Supports earnings
- Preserves memory
- Promotes social engagement
- Reduces risks of falls
- Supports mental health
New Hearing Aid Technology
Some of the great advantages of wireless technology aside from their connectivity are the low maintenance features built into them.
With Phonak Lumity, we are able to:
- Remotely program the aids. If changes are needed we can do this from the comfort of your home. All you need is a smartphone and a good internet connection, we’ll take care of the rest!
- Rechargeable batteries. No need to leave your house to get new batteries. Place Lumity in the charger each night and you’ll have a fresh battery in 2 hours or less.
Indicator lights. When problems arise with the hearing aids, there are indicator lights that can give us clues as to what is going on to troubleshoot the hearing aids without you having to come in.
- Care and cleaning of these hearing aids are simple. We always show our patients how to clean and care for their hearing aids before they go home, but should you forget, it is simple and something we can teach you over the phone!
For someone who is unable to drive or leave their house very often, the benefits of the newest Phonak hearing aids are huge. It is common to put off treating your hearing loss but you have so much to gain by wearing our hearing aids. We invite you to try them for 40 days risk-free.
Email email@example.com to request more information, or call 319-626-2392 to schedule an appointment at any of our four convenient office locations.
1Top Reasons to Encourage Your Patients Not to Wait and See, Dr. Amy Sarow, AuD.